Under Armour, the originator of performance apparel, footwear and accessories, has been awarded Gold for both Spiked Footwear and Apparel in the annual Today’s Golfer awards.
Judged against all apparel and footwear brands in golf by the UK’s best-selling golf title, Under Armour’s Spieth 2 shoe picked up Gold for Spiked Footwear, while the Under Armour ColdGear® Reactor Hybrid ¼ Zip won Gold in the apparel category.
Recognised for game changing innovations in the shape of UA RST Traction on the Spieth 2 and ColdGear Reactor for the Reactor Hybrid, both products are go to products for Today’s Golfer editor, Chris Jones, who said: “Every piece of marketing we see from golf companies says their product can help golfers hit it further, and straighter. But when we tested the Spieth 2 with four TG readers earlier this year, it was unequivocal – the ultra-stable platform provided by some ground-breaking technology in these shoes helped all of them improve their ball speed and ball striking consistency. That’s why I’m now wearing a pair whenever I play golf.
“The Reactor Hybrid is absolutely perfect for that typically changeable British weather by responding to your activity levels to keep you cooler or warmer. It looks great, too, fits really well and is a favourite with Jordan Spieth. But the thing that really struck us was the fact you get all this style and tech at fantastic value for money.”
Under Armour’s Spieth 2 (SRP £160) is packed with performance benefits for golfers including:
- Breathable, 100% GORE-TEX® waterproof fabric that keeps you dry but remains incredibly breathable
- Powerful TPU fibres woven into the upper for lightweight support & total comfort
- UA Rotational Resistance Spikes for lockdown traction in every direction and an integrated lacing system provides a locked-in fit
The UA ColdGear Reactor Hybrid 1/4 Zip (SRP £65) debuted to the UK Golf market when Jordan Spieth became Champion Golfer of the Year after winning the Open at Royal Birkdale in 2017 and has enjoyed incredible sales results since.
ColdGear Reactor works by adapting to your activity level for the right breathability & warmth for what you're doing. They Reactor Hybrid ¼ Zip also features:
- Lightweight, low-profile insulation embedded between two layers of performance fabric for the ultimate mix of warmth & breathability
- Welded quilting allows the free flow of insulation for more even distribution
- Stretchy side & back panels for better mobility
To find out more about these products, please visit UA.com.